First Down Oil Services introduces a way to set bridge plugs and pump cement in one run at an estimated 40% costs savings over conventional methods.
There are a few things we can all agree on: The current method is a 2-step process that is time consuming, labor intensive, and expensive.
That is certainly what we thought when we decided there had to be a better way to get the job done: a faster way, an easier way, a less expensive way.
And now there is, at a significant cost savings over just setting a bridge plug with the competition.
Introducing First Down Oil Services’ Hydro-Firing/Cementing Head.
Contact First Down Oil Services for more information on cost savings and availability.
QUICK TOOL COMPARISON
- Multiple pressures are applied to set.
- Tension pulls are required to release.
- Must be set in clean fluids.
- Over pressuring will damage tool.
- Tool must be sent in for rebuilding.
- Tool is transported in baskets.
First Down’s Hydro-Firing Head
- Single pressure applied to set.
- Instant, automatic shearing from tool.
- Can be set in dirty fluids or heavy mud.
- Over pressuring will not damage the tool.
- Easily rebuilt multiple times on location.
- Tool is transported in hand carry case.
The Hydro-Firing Head is a 2-in-1 solution that allows you to pump a full column of cement immediately after the bridge plug is confirmed set.
- Shortest BHA in the industry (59 inches)
- Suitcase size allows for simple mobilization
- Can be used for multiple settings
- Can be rebuilt on location within 5 minutes
Watch the animation below to see for yourself.
You’ll notice that our tool activates a standard wireline pressure setting tool that can now run on pipe, shearing the plug instantly without multiple excessive pressures and tension pulling or possible auto-fill valve failures.
The First Down Oil Services Hydro-Firing Tool has a PE stamp and is patent pending.